Updated: April 2023
Mason & Barry Inc. works hard to ensure that all of our services are accessible to people with disabilities and we have invested time and money to make our web site easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities.
Our goal is to meet or exceed the accessibility standards found in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA, PDF/Universal Accessibility (PDF/UA) to ensure our digital online information complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Here are just some ways that our web site is accessible and meets these accessibility standards:
- Descriptive alt text is included with every meaningful image on our website.
- Our website is navigable without a mouse (using only a keyboard).
- We provide closed captioning on all videos.
- We provide a text transcript for all video and audio.
- We ensure that all text to background color contrast meets a 4.5:1 ratio.
- All PDFs hosted on our site meet the PDF/UA minimum standards.
- We include a skip navigation link on all pages of our website.
- We provide a consistent and predictable layout throughout our website.
- We only integrate and link to third-party apps, scripts, and websites that are meet WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
In addition to these measures, we continually review our web site (internally and independently) to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
Mason & Barry Inc. works to constantly improve the accessibility of our web site and services to allow seamless, accessible, and unhindered use for those with disabilities. Through our genuine and good faith commitment and devotion to accessibility, we believe we not only meet but exceed the digital accessibility requirements imposed by Title I, II, & III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 & 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on our website fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution. Please let us know of any specific issues you have using our web site.
Accessibility is important to us and we are constantly looking for ways to improve our site to better serve our visitors. If you know of things we are missing or could do better, we’d love to hear more. If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on our web site or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
For more information on web accessibility and legal requirements, here are helpful resources: